What is Medicaid?
Many services are funded through Medicaid Waivers. A waiver helps pay for services to keep you in your home, or a home in the community, so you do not have to move to a long-term care facility or nursing home. When Medicaid Waiver funding is available, WCBDD pays for approximately 40% of the cost of service and the other 60% is paid for by federal Medicaid funds. Some of the services paid for by a waiver include: personal care, respite, transportation, social work, nutrition, adult day services, accessibility adaptations, supported employment and medical equipment.
Because eligibility for WCBDD services and/or Medicaid are determined differently, you will not necessarily receive a waiver. Waivers are provided based on priorities set by the State of Ohio, the availability of funds and a formal assessment of needs. DODD has an extensive breakdown of waiver services found at the link below:
Waivers can be confusing and we want to help in any way that we can. Should you have questions or want more information please call our SSA department at 330-264-4086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SSA is the primary point of coordination of the individual. An SSA is responsible for monitoring to ensure that the individual’s needs and desires are being implemented as written in the ISP. This will be done by visiting the home, work site, Day Program Site, and written correspondence. The SSA Department is also responsible for quality assurance reviews of local Independent Providers.
The SSA will review and explain the ODJFS Medicaid Due Process and the County Board Due Process at each annual meeting. We provide and assist with this process, should the individual and/or guardian request our help.
Freedom of Choice
Your SSA will follow procedures developed from OAC 5123:2-9-11, the Free Choice of Provider rule. Individuals on Options Waivers, Level 1 Waivers and SELF Waivers have the right to choose from any qualified provider, anywhere in Ohio, who is willing to serve you. A list of certified providers is available through the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities website. SSAs assist individuals with this process.Visit the Ohio Department of Disabilities website