The Wayne County Board of Developmental Disabilities is an agency serving Wayne County residents with disabilities. The Board operates in compliance with the laws, rules and regulations of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities. The Board is comprised of seven members, five appointed by the Wayne County Commissioners and two appointed by the Wayne County Probate Judge.
The Board is responsible and is empowered to:
- Administer and operate facilities, programs and services to meet the needs of children and adults with disabilities
- Establish policy and procedures for the operation of programs and services
- Assess the service needs of the developmentally disabled residents of the county
- Plan and set priorities based on available funds for the provision of both facilities and services to meet the needs of county residents with developmental disabilities
- Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate existing services and facilities
- Provide early childhood, school age, supportive home services, and adult services, residential services, and all related services according to the plan
- Ensure that related services, comprehensive evaluation services, and residential services are available according to the plan
- Require Individual Service Plans or Individual Education Plans for individuals with developmental disabilities who are being served or who have been determined eligible for services, and ensure that methods of having their service needs evaluated are available
- Provide special education programs
- Provide for a qualified Superintendent
- Adopt a budget and authorize expenditures in accordance with the Board, plan and to meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Submit annual reports of its work and expenditures
- Authorize all positions of employment, establish compensation, including but not limited to salary schedules and fringe benefits for all board employees, approve contracts of employment for management employees that are for a term of more than one year
- Provide service coordination for each enrollee based upon needs
- Certify respite care homes
- Determine that a residence in which an individual is to be provided supported living meets quality assurance standards
- Purchase all necessary insurance policies, may purchase equipment and supplies
- Receive by gift, grant, devise, or bequest any moneys, lands, or property for the benefit of the purposes for which the board is created
2022 Board Meeting Schedule
Meeting Location: Superintendent’s Conference Room 266 Oldman Road, Wooster OH 44691
Meetings are the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM unless otherwise noted
Requests for advance notification of regular or special meetings shall specify:
- The contact person for the individual or news media
- The method and contact information that should be used to provide notification
A Public Hearing on 2023 Annual Plan will be held 12/2/22 from 9 until 3.
Class Action Lawsuit
Doe v. Ohio Department of Education Notice of Proposed Class Action Settlement InstructionsNotice of Proposed Class Action Settlement
Plans & Reports
The Wayne County Board of Developmental Disabilities will hold a Public Hearing on the 2023
Annual Plan in December in the Administrative Conference Room. The public is invited to review a draft and provide comments and input.
The Annual Report provides information...
Asbestos Posting 2021
Federal laws written in 1980, 1984 and 1986 required that all schools public and private conduct a survey for asbestos in building materials.